Since 2009 Sweden includes a sex marriage that is neutral, meaning same intercourse partners could possibly get hitched underneath the exact same conditions as opposite gender partners. As a citizen that is foreign residency in Sweden you’ll, in some instances, additionally get hitched in Sweden.
You don’t have actually to reside pay someone to do homework online (have residency) in Sweden or have Swedish citizenship to get married in Sweden. If neither regarding the two have Swedish citizenship or residency in Sweden, they require have residency (or one have actually citizenship and also the other one have actually residency) in a nation where sex that is same or wedding is appropriate.
Inquiry into impediments to wedding
Before a few can marry, the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket) must conduct an inquiry into impediments of wedding (hindersprovning). The couple must register a written demand towards the Swedish Tax Agency. Applications, regrettably just in Swedish, can be bought in the Agency’s site.
Based on Swedish law, listed below are considered impediments to wedding:
- Being underneath the chronilogical age of 18 (the County Administrative Board (Lansstyrelsen) can give an exclusion out of this guideline)
- Being registered or married as partner to an individual except that the only you are planning to marry
- Being closely pertaining to the person you’re going to marry; a linear direct ascendant or descendant or perhaps a complete sibling. Adopted siblings are believed siblings that are full what the law states, but could get authorization to marry through the County Administrative Board, to marry.
If the Swedish Tax Agency has made the inquiry you can get a certification showing that the inquiry is completed and, if all goes well, a married relationship certification. The certification is valid for four months through the date of official certification. The certificates can be directed at the state conducting the wedding service.
Foreigners perhaps maybe not surviving in Sweden
If the few are foreigners maybe maybe perhaps not located in Sweden, they might just get hitched if each of these have appropriate straight to marry or register a partnership according to the legislation for the state had been they will have residency or citizenship. It is sufficient if both of those have residency, or one of these has citizenship in addition to other you’ve got residency, in a nation had been the few have right that is legal marry or register a partnership.
A partnership if one of the them is a Swedish citizen or have residency in Sweden, they may marry in Sweden even if the other spouse has residency or citizenship in a country were it’s illegal for same-sex couples to get married/register.
The individual without an official link with Sweden must ( associated with the distribution of this written ask for an inquiry into impediments of wedding) make an individual stop by at a Tax Agency office to present details about host to delivery, nation of beginning, citizenship, sex, marital status and, if required, submit a deed of separation or perhaps a death certification of a previous partner.
Both of them must submit either in cases where none of the prospective spouses have a formal connection
- A wedding permit granted by an authority that is competent their state of citizenship or residency, or
- A certification showing the relevant guidelines of legislation in all of their states of citizenship or residency and a certification showing their marital status. The certificates are merely legitimate whenever given by a qualified authority within the state to that they use, or by a qualified homeland authority in Sweden (such as for example an embassy or any other comparable authority).
None of this certificates might be over the age of four months.